This dish is crisp, fresh, and light, and delicious. It’s low in carbs, high in fiber and protein. It’s easy to cook, but impressive enough looking for company.
12 oz. chicken tenders, boneless/skinless
2 tsp. olive oil
½ tsp black pepper
6 large leaves of Romaine lettuce
2 cup baby spinach (loosely packed)
¼ red onion
1 bell pepper
1 6-oz. tin sliced black olives (drained well)
6 oz. grape tomatoes
Nonstick cooking spray, light
Salt to taste
1. Whisk 2 tsp olive oil, juice of 1 lemon (reserve the other), 1 tsp of finely grated lemon rind and ½ tsp black pepper. Pour it over the chicken tenders and turn it until they’re fully coated. Cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Tear your lettuce. Wash your lettuce and baby spinach, then dry well in a salad spinner. Spread the leafy greens out on a platter.
3. Peel and cut a red onion in half. Cut a few fine half-circle slices (about ¼ of the onion total) and scatter them over the greens.
4. Seed a bell pepper and cut several thin pepper rings. Scatter them over the greens.
5. Peel, seed and chop a cucumber. Sprinkle the bite-sized bits over the greens. Add a drain, small tin of chopped black olives, and wash and throw in the grape tomatoes.
Photo: Life Ambrosia